BLP CLUB
MEETING MINUTES

Latest Minutes Are Veiwed First

Meetings are held the 1st and 3rd
Saturday of the month





5-25-2013


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck
Bob Beck Sr.
John Powell
Tom Reinhart
Tammy Reinhart
Bruce McElhoe
Dave Kope
Belle Kope

NOTES:

During this meeting we discussed the following items,

This was the first regular meeting in a very long time. We discussed solar projects including something for the repeater site.
Other projects for the the repeater site and we got cought up while having coffee. The follow list are additional items that we discussed.

1. Regular meetings. For now as often as possible but I would like to go back to at least one a month. I would also like to have
special meetings with the members who can not make the weekend meetings due to work schedules.

2. Picnic or even better put some camping trips together for this summer. I want to do some 4X4 this year!!!

3. The airport BBQ in Reedley this month was an event that even though not posted as a BLP event, 5 BLP members were there.

4. Possible chance to do a ham radio club at Riverview School. I am working on this idea along with doing a karate club at the same school.
Any help would be appreciated.

5. Tom is asking that members join a group called NARC. This has to do with area repeaters and their organization throughout the state.

Start of meeting about 0900 hrs. and ended about 1100 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


3-23-2012


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
Bob Beck
Bob Beck Sr.
Tom Reinhart
Bruce McElhoe
Steve Mitchel
Justin Jones

NOTES:

During this meeting we discussed the following items,

1. Rod's Jeep is back in action. As soon as we can get together we can plan a run up the hill.

2. Trip to the snow. Not sure what the conditions are but it would be nice to let the kids play in the snow and have a picnic.

3. Trip to the coast. We need to take a vote on a location and go for it. Pismo is the regular spot because we can do the 4X4 thing.

4. Sugarpine Railroad trip. We discussed this the last time we got together. This would be a great summer trip.

The biggest problem is scheduals. Everyone works on different days. Most however have weekends off so this would be the best time to plan our trips.

Start of meeting about 0830 hrs. and ended about 1100 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


11-5-2011


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
Bob Beck
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bruce McElhoe
Doug Johnson

NOTES:

We finally got around to another meeting and Doug Johnson was there for the first time to meet Club members. He is also a Ham and his call is KI6JCZ. His Wife who was not there today is KI6JDA. Great to finally meet him. Unfortunately he did something crazy and sold his Jeep a few months back. Hopefully he will find a good deal on a new one soon. Doug has been listening to us on the 2 meter BLP repeater but did not have the proper tones and offset set up on his Icom hand held radio. I fixed that issue and he can now communicate with the Club. Welcome Doug and family!

We discussed the following topics:
Rod's Jeep is still down from the Moonlight Madness event in July. He is trying to decide which fix is the best one to go with fore he gets started on repairs. He explained that he knows of someone who can assist on a rebuild of the rear end but he may go another route and do a major upgrade instead. That will of course cost more money. More info to follow later.

Snow trip 2011 was discussed and we may even have more than one event. Once the date or dates are established they will be posted on our site and calendar. The kids had a great time last year.

The Reedley Electric Farm Parade is coming up fast! The date is Thursday December the 1st. This years theme is CHRISTMAS DOWN ON THE FARM. We are undecided if we will do this year's event but most everyone seemed interested. We will have to decide quickly and for sure by our next meeting. If anyone is interested please send me an email or better yet lets start using the BLP Forum!!!

The BLP Forum is not being used. I was asked to get one going and it took two years to do it but it is there finally just waiting for us. If you have not created an account do so, that way we can discuss topics online. Sign up, it won't bite.

Other clubs out there? Yes there are. I got to meet some members of a group called C.O.R.E., Christian Off Road Enthusiasts. My family was up at Millwood when we met them. They seem like a great club and they are kind of like us in that they have members who are Police and Fire personnel, some retired. The gave me a card and I gave them ours. They have a website so check them out, www.coreoffroading.com. The JK Club is the club we did one trip to Bald Mountain with. We had a great time. We should try to involve some of these other clubs when we do events. The more the merrier.

Riverview River Rooks Chess Club will have it's first tournament in Clovis at Our Lady of Perpetual Help on November 12, 2011. We did outstanding last year at this event. Our club is twice as big this year and most of the kids are very young and do not even know how to play yet. Spectators are always welcome.

We also discussed a possible Spring / Summer trip to the Sugar Pine Railroad. I will have to do more research on this but it sounds like fun. I know the kids will like it.

Day trips are nice and we talked briefly about picnic trips or something similar. The gates are most likely closed for winter so we would be limited where we could go. Ideas are welcome and this is another topic that could be discussed in the BLP Forum.

Start of meeting about 0930 hrs. and ended about 1200 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


4-30-2011


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
Tom Reinhart
Bob Beck
Blake Jones
John Powell
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bruce McElhoe
Madison Beck
Miranda Beck
Dave Kope
Ira Jones, Rod's Dad

NOTES:

It had been a long time since our last meeting but we got one together. We discussed several items including the meeting dates change that is coming up quick. Meeting days will be changing once again to Tuesdays to accommodate the main boards work schedule. We know most work these days but if anyone is available please stop by.

The following items were discussed: BLP forms, Net meetings, Adding our link to other club's web sites, BLP forum, BLP repeaters, FUTURE EVENTS!, Steve's Jeep, and the March of Dimes event.

I was advised that the BLP forms are done but just need to get to me to add to our web site. I have created a new page for those forms and they will be available for download in three formats, .doc, (Word doc file) .pdf, (Adobe file) and .odt, (Open Office file). I will add them as soon as I get them.

We decided that having radio net meetings at this time are not needed because the club is small. We could still organize one if we ever need to though.

I have made several request to have our link added to a website that has hundreds of 4X4 links throughout the nation. So far no reply and no link. Here is the website link, http://www.jeepjeep.com/4x4clubs.html

The BLP forum is still in the works. I have not heard from Steve M, N6SJM regarding the issue for awhile but know he was having difficulties with the site and how it must be set up. We may have to use something else instead of what I originally wanted. If anything changes I will let everyone know.

The BLP repeaters are doing ok. I know Tom wants to do some antenna work but that will come later. We discussed needing a back-up battery for the 440 machine and also doing a repeater shack clean-up. When I have more information regarding this issue I will of course post it.

Future events are in need of being planned. If anyone has any ideas please send out an email. We discussed planning a picnic day trip soon as possible. This would give us an idea of snow levels as well. We talked about Pismo after the 4th of July and even a camping trip. Please send any ideas you have. The more we get the more the members have a chance at attending.

Steve's Jeep is still down and the repairs should be underway soon. After the meeting I got a call from Steve who advised that he has ordered the parts to complete the work. Stay tuned to the website and be watching for an email regarding a Tech day to get the beast up and running. If we can get it going soon, the picnic day can also be utilized as a test run for the Jeep as well.

Tom and I assisted the CARP Radio Club with communications for the March of Dimes event in Fresno a few weeks back. The event went well and we assisted as BLP Club members. This adds more community service work to our resume and we had fun as well. Tom however received a ham radio ticket warning from an Official Observer who claims Tom misused his callsign or failed to use his call sign during the event. I have a mug shot of Tom to post later on our page. BAD TOM, BAD!!!!

We did not discuss this at the meeting but if you have logged into our page you will see the Facebook, Twitter, and now a BLOG link at the top of the page. The Blog account I use as quick updates. Important e-mails and and the information provided here will be posted to that page. The latest information will always be displayed first. No further information at this time except to remind you the next meetings will be Tuesdays unless otherwise advised.

Start of meeting about 0900 hrs. and ended about 1100 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


2-6-2011


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
June Flores
Bob Beck
Blake Jones
John Powell
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bruce McElhoe
Betty McElhoe
Bob Beck Sr.
Dave Kope
Belle Kope
Tyler
several others not BLP members

NOTES:

Super Bowl Sunday Meeting and party. Well mostly a party. I had a list of stuff to talk about but never really got around to it. The only thing I remember talking about was help on the newsletter and the calendar. The party was great though. Awesome food and fun. Rod and June are great host, THANKS GUYS!!! We will be sure to have a quality meeting on the 19th of this month. Not sure where it will be though.

Start of meeting about 1200 hrs. and ended about 2000??? hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


1-22-2011


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
June Flores
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bob Beck

NOTES:

Our tech meeting had a small turnout but went well. We discussed the newsletter and what would be in it. We also talked about the website and some minor changes to it. Changes include streamlining the meeting information area for 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. Updating the calendar, adding links to local 4X4 Clubs and removing the Geocaching travel bugs from the main page to their own page. The tech part of the meeting was building a power supply for Rod from an old ATX computer power supply. The rebuilt supply is for his Motorolla Spectra radio. The unit came out nice and when tested with the radio it operated as expected. The No Kill Shelter donation event is going well. Several items have been donated but more are needed. More flyers will be placed out into the community. Last, I advised that the repeaters were now up and running with our club call as their CW ID. When you hear the morse code it is sending the following, W6BLP/R The /R at the end indicates it is a repeater.

Start of meeting about 1000 hrs. and ended about 1430 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


1-9-2011


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
June Flores
Tom Reinhart
Bob Beck
Blake Jones
John Powell
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bruce McElhoe
Betty McElhoe
Madison Beck
Miranda Beck
Dave Kope
Tyler and Friend
Carlos - potential member
Michael - potential member

NOTES:

Our 1st meeting of the year. This was a potluck and we all had a great time. This meeting was a Sunday meeting and our official meeting. We never really got around to much of a meeting but we did formally decide to do the no kill shelter donation event. We placed Madison and Miranda in charge since they thought of it. We will however give them any assistance they may require. So far flyers are at Starbuck's in Reedley. The Reedley Opera House and Uncle Harry's Restaurant, in Reedley. June will be taking one to Sam's Club in Fresno, Ca. and she suggested we place them in other stores including Wal Mart. We plan to have meetings bi weekly from now on. I will send out an email with an update and the calendar and web site will also reflect our new schedule.

Also note that I showed off the Riverview Rooks Chess Club's new equipment.

Start of meeting about 1100 hrs. and ended about 1800??? hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


11-27-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
June Flores
Bob Beck
Blake Jones
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bob Beck Sr.
Dave Kope
Steve Mitchell
Tyler

NOTES:

Our TECH Meeting was held at Rod and June's house inside this time due to rain and cold. This meeting was used to cut stencils and color signs for the float. June and Rod hosted lunch again. Chef June made some Carnitas, (tacos) and pilaf and as usual was great!!! The parade is this Thursday, December 2, 2010. Not sure if there will be a meeting this weekend or not. I will find out and send out an e-mail to all to advise of the location if there is one.

Start of meeting about 0900 hrs. and ended about 1600 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


11-20-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
June Flores
Bob Beck
Blake Jones
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bob Beck Sr.
Dave Kope
John Powell

NOTES:

Our TECH Meeting was held at Rod and June's house on the front porch again. This meeting was used to paint and cut signs for the float. The signs were painted red and words in green will be added later. June and Rod hosted lunch again. Chef June made some seafood pasta that was out of this world.

Start of meeting about 0900 hrs. and ended about 1700 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


11-6-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
June Flores
Tom Reinhart
Bob Beck
Blake Jones
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bob Beck Sr.
Keith Baerg
Madison Beck
Miranda Beck
Eleanor Beck
Dave Kope
Belle Kope

NOTES:

Our 2nd TECH Meeting was held at Rod and June's house on the front porch. We discussed the X-mas parade and I advised all I could not be a part of it due to the play I am in. my Jeep however will be in it with another driver. We got the trailer cleared off and stuck some items on it to get an idea of size. Belle can get us a tree and the fake fire needed for the fake fire pit. Still not sure if the tractor will be used or not to pull the trailer.

Steve has not yet got the needed parts for his Jeep so we did no work on it this week. Since this was a tech meeting though Tom, Bob Beck Sr. and myself did some work on some computers. A computer that runs DOS is needed to run the Spectra radio programming software. We did not have much luck and we worked a long time on it. We want to be able to program the Spectra radios the way we want them. I built a cable the night before and even ordered a RIB for the programming of the radios. My Dad, Bob Beck Sr. and I decided to continue our work even after the meeting. A computer he had was used and we did get it going and a successful read and write was done on a radio. We just need to decided what freqs. we want on the units.

I also want to mention that Rod and June hosted an awesome lunch. Thanks guys.

And last, I gave June the thank you letter from Riverview School and BLP. These letters were in regards to the chess club grant provided by Sam's Club.

Newsletter. New newsletter distributed and added to our website for today.

Start of meeting about 0900 hrs. and ended about 1600 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


10-30-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
June Flores
Tom Reinhart
Bob Beck
Blake Jones
John Powell
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bruce McElhoe
Steve Mitchell
Madison Beck
Miranda Beck
Dave Kope

NOTES:

Our first TECH Meeting was held at Rod and June's house on the front porch. We had planned to work on Steve G's Jeep but the wrong parts had come in so we decided to at least pull the transmission apart and check flywheel for damage and other parts. I had to leave at 1515 hrs. but heard they got the thing apart and new parts will be required. The plan is to do more work for next weeks meeting so we can get it up and running. Other items worked on was the relocation of the holding pins for my disconnects. They were placed in the wrong location so that is done. Tom also took the time to replace a broken motor mount on his El Camino. The first Tech day seems to have been a success.

In regards to are actual meeting. We discussed the X-mas parade some more. The plan is to have the Jeeps with antlers above the front windshield. The lead Jeep will have a big red nose that is lit. Another idea was to spray the fake snow on the rear side windows and the write BadLands Posse 4X4 Club. Some added painted holly and berries would look nice in the corners as well.

The BLP forms are still under construction but getting close to being finished. The download page for these forms will be made available when they are ready. The Club calendar is up and running but so far only I have done anything with it. The other members who I have talked with who will be able to add to it are in the process of learning how to use it. Also, the forum is being worked on by Steve Mitchell, N6SJM. He has had some difficulty and is going to take an in depth look at the set up and decide what is the best course of action. It may require an update to our web site's service package. We are not sure yet. So the forum is still under construction at this time. It is best to get it right before it goes online.

Chess Club Grant. Wednesday the 20th of October June, K6JNZ met the Chess Team, Riverview Rooks, (River Rooks). At Riverview School. We had the check ceremony and took some pictures. These pics will later be added to the site and also to the newsletter. I will write a thank you to Sam's Club on behalf of our Club.

Out of season activities. We talked quickly about things to do when the trails close down for the winter. It was decided that at least a few snow trips will be made so the kids can have some fun. Other things include Spectra radio repairs of the defective capacitors, Jeep upgrades and adding some radios and an antenna to Rod's trailer, (Toy hauler).

Dues. This needs to wait until some research is done on the insurance issue. Cal 4X4 is a club that provides ins. to clubs. We just need to find out how much it cost and the coverage provided first.

Newsletter. We discussed the various topics that are planned for the next newsletter.

Start of meeting about 0900 hrs. and ended about 1600 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


10-23-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
June Flores
Tom Reinhart
Bob Beck
Blake Jones
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bruce McElhoe
Keith Baerg

NOTES:

Meeting was held at Rod and June's house on the front porch. We spent most of the time discussing the x-mas parade and coming up with ideas for it. The entry form was online so I brought it with me as well and I left a copy with Rod and June. We also discussed going on a 4x4 trip tomorrow and it was decided to do it since this might be the last chance of the year to get up there before a big snow causes gate closures and other problems. We are planning to have the meeting at Rod and June's house next week again for a Tech / Coffee meeting to work on Steve's Jeep and more x-mas parade stuff. Tom and I programed Steve's radio to accept the W6BLP's new repeater frequency, channel number 10 on The Yaesu's and Wouxun's. I also found out that the correct pronunciation of wouxun is �o shay�. There were several items that we did not get to but we will take care of that next week

Start of meeting about 0900 Hrs. and ended about 1200 Hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


10-16-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Tom Reinhart
Bob Beck
Bob Beck Sr.
Rod Jones
June Flores
Gary Kageyama
John Powell
Keith Baerg

NOTES:

Meeting got started late because door locked. 2nd meeting at Uncle Harry's Restaurant. I went over the few things we had listed, Calendar on our web page active now, Club forms, membership forms filled out and returned for all members, old news and articles archived and on site in newsletter area of web page, Bald Mountain trip this next weekend???, the message board / forum is still in progress, chess grant presentation at Riverview School this Wednesday at 1330 hrs. and the X-mas parade. Rod picked up the old trailer at my Dad's house after the meeting. For our X-mas parade event we discussed various themes and set-ups for our floats. Small trailer to look like a sleigh with four Jeeps in front to look like reindeer. Also another float bigger with tree and fake bon fire reading x-mas story, family / old style x-mas theme, friends, family and great outdoors, it's a family affair, etc. Need twas the night before x-mas book I have, ask Kimberli if she wants to be a part of the group and Club.

Tom, Keith and John went up to John's property and installed the Club's 440 repeater and so far it seems to be doing ok. More work on it needed but they are going to install the 2 meter repeater at the same site within the week. Here are the frequencies we now have available to us.
2 meter, 147.300, + offset, PL 141.3. 70cm, 444.825, - offset, PL 141.3.

Start of meeting about 0915 Hrs. and ended about 1204 Hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


10-2-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Tom Reinhart
Bob Beck
Madison Beck
Miranda Beck
Bob Beck Sr.
Blake Jones
Sandy Jones
Rod Jones
Dave Kope
Ty Toews
John Powell, K6UCB � new member

NOTES:

Meeting got started late because door locked. 1st meeting at Uncle Harry's Restaurant. We discussed the following items: Club Calendar, I will get it started and June and myself and maybe some others will keep it up to date. BLP Forms, still being worked on. Progress has been made but not quite done. More web site changes to be made. Net meeting page to be added, news area removed and newsletter to take over for it. Software for ham related events purchased and installed. Community service page may be added later to our site. This page would show community events we have done, community service, etc. REPEATER SITE!!! We just got a great site for the repeater. Great coverage, 100 foot tower, ac power, on site tenant to detour any theft or vandalism. New member John Powell, K6UCB owns land that he will let us use. This is a great opportunity. Portable tower build, military motor home build, rig builds also discussed. X-mas parade ideas were talked about and we may use my old red trailer at Dad's house, N6RBO to make a sleigh. And the last thing was a Bald Mountain trip. Just got to find a date that works for everyone.

Start of meeting about 0930 Hrs. and ended about 1200 Hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


9-25-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Tom Reinhart
Bob Beck
Madison Beck
Miranda Beck
Bob Beck Sr.
Beverly Beck
Blake Jones
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
June Flores
Rod Jones
Eleanor Beck

NOTES:

Last weeks meeting was canceled and we attended the CARP swap Meet in Clovis Ca.. Attending the swap meet were Bob Beck, Bob Beck Sr., Madison Beck, Miranda Beck and Tom Reinhart.

This week we discussed the grant our Club helped to obtain for the Riverview School's chess Club, Riverview Rooks, Reedley, Ca.. Sam's Club is proving $600.00 in grant monies to help provide new chess equipment and to help start up the chess club's recycling program. After the meeting Mrs. Friesen called me and I told her we got the grant. She congratulated me and said that she would match the contribution from Sam's Club through some other program to give the chess club a new total of $1,200.00. This was of course great news. June, N6JNZ brought a big check for us to take a group photo. We did and Madison and Miranda were on hand to represent the Riverview Rooks, River Rooks Chess Club.

When we arrived for the meeting we discovered that are meeting spot was once again unavailable. This is becoming a very annoying problem. It was thought that going to Saturdays would be better for us but I guess not. This is an issue that we have talked about lately but it was decided to go ahead and give Uncle Harry's Restaurant a try. After the meeting N6RBO and myself, N6RBT went down to Uncle Harry's for lunch with the family and confirmed that we can start next week at our regular time. I will update the website with the new meeting information and location.

The website, our QRZ page, and Blake's progress with learning HTML were discussed. I have more work to do on both and Blake was advised on proper file names for use with HTML.

The bike ride event on October 9, 2010 is still in need of Hams who can assist.

This meeting was hindered due to the seating issue. Hopefully next week will work out for us.

Start of meeting about 0900 Hrs. and ended about 1203 Hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


9-11-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck
Steve Mitchell
Tom Reinhart
Blake Jones
Guest: Keith Baerg, N6SGW
June Flores
Rod Jones
Dave Kope
Belle Kope

NOTES:

First Saturday meeting. We have gone back to them for maybe 8 months or so. Time changed from 0930 Hrs. to 0900 Hrs. Discussed the following items, Steve Mitchell showed up for a few minutes but had to leave due to his son's soccer game. I was able to give him our web site codes and showed him what we had online. He said he would take a look at it and try to get the message board / forum up and running. He had to leave soon after. Discussed the repeater. Batteries added and seems to be doing good right now. We can use the repeater for nets. Tom and Keith are working on the listing for next year's repeater directory and the plan is to list it as W6BLP Repeater. Discussed the Chess Grant for Riverview Rooks Chess Club. I will give the provided forms to Mrs. Friesen, School Principal. June like the Google Calendar. It is a good set up because multiple people add to it if needed. We plan to go to the CARP Swap Meet next Saturday so there will be no regular meeting. This will be considered a Club event. We decided to do a Buck Rock Recon trip tomorrow. Several plan to attend this at the last minute trip. I sent out an e-mail to let those who could not make the meeting aware of the event. The Club documents are still be worked on but they are coming along. Kieth Baerg, N6SGW, (the owner of the repeater we will be using has been added as a new Club member. Keith is a General Class Operator.

Start of meeting about 0840 Hrs. and ended about 1101 Hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY


9-7-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck
Dave Kope
Bob Beck Sr.
June Flores
Rod Jones
Blake Jones
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Tyler James

NOTES:

Discussed the following items, BLP Liability waiver. I had a good version of one available and I sent a copy to Rod and Steve to finalize. Message board / forum still under construction, Post card BLP Club advertizement looks good and I just need to place several on sheets of paper so we can cut them out ourselves. Club call should be ours by 9-17-2010. We are going to the CARP Swap meet on the 18th. We will be doing the Reedley Christmas parade. No committee needed, just going to all work on it together. Events, we would like to do at least one a month, picnic, Jeep run, etc. We also want to do a recon mission to Buck Rock lookout for a HAM event. I need to e-mail everyone to find out what day works best for everyone. We could have a picnic with the kids or do some off road stuff. We discussed having some days to work on rigs or our other vehicles. Uncle Harry has agreed to allow us to use his restaurant for our meetings. We supply all except coffee. ARRL Club affiliation, need 51% Ham members to qualify. I also sent to Rod and Steve a copy of some vehicle inspection and Club rules to work on. I am working on a Club form / document page so that all our forms and docs will be available in three different formats. I will be sending out an e-mail regarding Geocaching. I am planning for a day in the area just for fun. I will advise when. June, K6JNZ is going to work on a Club calendar and try to plan for some future events. Also spoke with June about the Club involvement in a school grant for the Riverview Chess Club. That would be great if it works out. Lastly, the plan is to get our Club documents, Bylaws, Rules, waiver, application, etc. done as soon as we can so we no longer need to worry so much about it. Getting these items done has been a lot of work.

Start of meeting about 0930 hrs. and ended about 1210 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT
SECRETARY


8-31-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck
Bob Beck Sr.
June Flores
Rod Jones
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Dave Kope
Belle Kope
Tyler James

NOTES:

Discussed BLP club call, we got KJ6KGB. I applied for vanity call W6BLP. We discussed club call procedures, looks fine June did final check and made minor changes. This will be added to site once changes made. Newsletter, June will help, Geocaching, doing an event with geocaching involved. Christmas parade, meeting times and locations. Possible places are Rod's house or Uncle Harry's restaurant. Other items, Application form worked on by Rod and Steve G. They e-mailed it to me for change to pdf format. We will make a release of liability form for club. K6ARP swap meet Date/Time Saturday September 18, 2010, 8:00 am – 11:00 am, Location New Hope Community Church 4620 E Nees Ave Clovis, CA

Start of meeting about 0930 hrs. and ended about 1230 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT
SECRETARY


8-24-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck
June Flores
Rod Jones
Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bob Beck Sr.
Bruce McElhoe
Blake Jones
Dave Kope
Belle Kope
Tyler James

NOTES:

Last weeks meeting was canceled because everyone was not available to attend. Discussed BLP club call and that I sent off paperwork yesterday, 8-23-2010. Not sure how long it will take to get a response. Discussed other upgrades to the web site, thumb nail photos, about us page, APRS now has its own page, new application form, Bylaws updated to fit our needs still in progress. I brought several copies for us all to look over. I also brought new application forms. Discussed Buck Rock as possible event location, N6RBO's idea. Also discussed members who are inactive. If no meetings or events for one year note as inactive on BLP list. If no more contact for an additional year remove from BLP member list. Electric Christmas parade for Reedley, are we going to enter? Old military transport vehicle, early 40s has been given to Rod for us to work with. Corrections for new application form were made or are being made. I will be sending a copy of the application to Steve and Rod to work on. I will be making a club business page so that all know what votes and club business are coming up for discussion and voting. First meeting of the month is to be the official meeting for the club. Saturday the 11th will be the first day for Saturday Starbucks meetings. A by law committee will be formed and myself, (Bob) Steve and Rod at least will be involved.

Start of meeting about 0930 hrs. and ended about 1155 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT
SECRETARY


8-10-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
June Flores
Bob Beck
Bruce McElhoe
Dave Kope
Blake Jones
Sandy Jones
Bell Kope

NOTES:

BS Session, Discussed BLP club call and what is needed to obtain it. I brought paperwork with examples. Talked about the Xmas Parade here in Reedley and possible entry into this event. Talked about N6RBO's golf cart and the upgrade with radios to the vehicle and using it along with Jeeps for the Xmas Parade. Rod said we could use his small trailer and fit it with a plywood sleigh for the event. Jeeps as reindeer with lights and so forth. Discussed non-profit as well. Educational events, kid days with 4X4 veh's utilized, etc.

Start of meeting about 0920 hrs. and ended about 1215 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT
SECRETARY


8-3-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bob Beck
Rod Jones
June Flores
Dave Kope
Bob Beck Sr.
Bruce McElhoe

NOTES:

BS Session, Steve and Gloria did not know about the new time and arrived at 0830 hrs. I, (Bob Beck) arrived late, about 1000 hrs. After the meeting we met up at Rod's house for a surprise birthday party for him, his 50th was a few days prior.

Start of meeting about 0930 hrs. and ended about 1150 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT
SECRETARY


7-27-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck
Rod Jones
June Flores
Bruce McElhoe
Dave Kope
Bob Beck Sr.

NOTES:

Discussed ??? Info was lost, my fault.

Start of meeting about 0930 hrs. and ended about 1135 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT
SECRETARY


7-20-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck
Bob Beck Sr.
Bruce McElhoe
Dave Kope
Belle Kope
Kenny Kope

NOTES:

Discussed Bruce's trip. He came home by train and it took two days from mid Iowa to get to California. Bruce wanted to be added to the BLP members list so I added him while at the meeting. BS session.

Start of meeting about 0937 hrs. and ended about 1150 hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT
SECRETARY


7-13-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck
Dave Kope
Rod Jones
June Flores
Blake Jones
Bob Beck Sr.

NOTES:

1.Discuss BLP Minutes to be placed on web each week.
2.Discuss BLP Zippo lighters with BadLands Posse 4X4 Club and ham call engraved.
Discussed the lighter idea, Not everyone there so will discuss it more later. Rod's father will go in for heart surgery this Friday so we will bypass Moonlight Madness this year. We will probably try a day trip on a day that Eleanor can go. I let everyone know that the minutes are now listed online. Also we were told by Dave Kope that Bruce will be coming back today or tomorrow. He will leave his plane back east because there I another barnstorming event in September that he plans to attend. Discussed adding some more photos to the page as well. Only about 5 to 6 will be added due to download issues. I can make a disk for anyone who wants one of all BLP pics. Just let me know.

Start of meeting about 0900 Hrs. and ended about 1110 Hrs.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY




7-6-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck
Dave Kope
Blake Jones
Rod Jones
June Flores
Bob Beck Sr.

NOTES:

Started the new time at 0930 hrs for club coffee start time. Discussed Spectra radios, Moonlight Madness. Better antennas for Wouxun???

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY




6-29-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck
Bob Beck Sr.
Dave Kope
Blake Jones
Rod Jones
June Flores

NOTES:

Discussed Field Day event, talked about Buck Rock lookout and possible trip to it for special ham radio club event. Dave Kope knows people who are workers there. Setup Rod's new laptop for programing Wouxun radios.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY




6-22-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Rod Jones
June Flores
Blake Jones
Bob Beck

NOTES:

Small group . Bs session, got spring trip Jeep photos from June. Programed radio for Rod.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY




6-15-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck
Dave Kope
Blake Jones
Rod Jones

NOTES:

Small group today, I set up web access on this computer. Discussed member list.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY




6-8-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Rod Jones
June Flores
Blake Jones
Bob Beck
Dave Kope

NOTES:

Talked Jeep stuff. Non-profit organization, new officers and their positions. Positions are as follows, Steve Gaucin-President, Rod Jones-Vice President, June Flores-Treasure, Bob Beck-Secretary, Tom Reinhart-Sergeant at Arms, Blake Jones-Board Member. Web site will be updated to reflect these new changes. These new updated positions were discussed and agreed upon by all parties present at the meeting. Dave Kope and Dad to be added as members. Bruce will be asked when we see him or I can e-mail and ask if he wants to be counted as a member.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob,
N6RBT,
SECRETARY




6-1-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Rod Jones
June Flores
Blake Jones
Bob Beck
Dave Kope
Bruce McElhoe

NOTES:

Nice group today. BS session. Talked about non profit org. status and benefits. Grants available. Election of officer, restructure of officers, President, Vice President Treasure, Secretary, etc.




5-25-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Bob Beck Sr.
Bob Beck
Bruce McElho
e Blake Jones
Rod Jones

NOTES:

On the 21st Jeep got smashed and my foot got hurt. Jeep in shop. Talked about non profit org. status and benefits. Grants available.




5-18-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Bob Beck
Tom Reinhart

NOTES:

Small group today. Talked about Spectra radios and capacitor issues with the surface mounted electrolytic caps. Good for only about 10 to 15 years. Will corrode and leak during this time. Dave Kope is checking on this issue and we may change out the caps. BS session.




5-11-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bob Beck
Tom Reinhart
Blake Jones
Rod Jones

NOTES:

Traded radio parts, mini UHF connectors, repeater books, 15db pin for Spectra radio connectors, etc.




5-1-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Steve Mitchell
Bob Beck
Bruce McElhoe

NOTES:

Chit and chat. Talked about the 20M rigid dipole.




4-3-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Bob Beck
Tom Reinhart
Blake Jones
Steve Mitchell
Rod Jones
June Flores

NOTES:

BS session, programed some radios.




3-27-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bob Beck
Tom Reinhart
Gary Kageyama
Steve Mitchell

NOTES:

Tom brought 440 band cop radios, BS session.




3-13-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Bob Beck
Bruce McElhoe
Gary Kageyama.....zoocrewrus@verizon.net

NOTES:

Talked about Sanger's centennial badge. B.S. Session. Small group today.




3-6-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Rod Jones
June Flores
Bob Beck
Tom Reinhart

NOTES:

BS Session, Tom ran out of gas and Steve and Rod went to help him.




2-27-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Rod Jones
June Flores
Steve Mitchell
Bob Beck
Dave Kope
Belle Kope
Tom Reinhart

NOTES:

Talked about Minkler shooting. Talked about club call. Chief Wright came in and said Javier Bejar still on life support. We talked a bit and then he left to go to the hospital to meet with family and check on Bejar who is not expected to live and is on life support because he is an organ doner.




2-20-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Gloria Gaucin
Rod Jones
June Flores
Steve Mitchell
Bob Beck
Bruce McElhoe
Dave Kope

NOTES:

Dave brought some duel band antennas to sell.




2-13-2010


BLP Members who were present,

Steve Gaucin
Rod Jones
June Flores
Steve Mitchell
Bob Beck
Bruce McElhoe
Blake Jones
Joel Hoffman showed up as well.

NOTES:

Talked about Tom's repeater with new 60 foot tower to be put up soon. New antenna already being tested works better but needs work.






Freakshow, (Bob)
n6rbt@verizon.net

ALWAYS REMEMBER
Jeep stands for,
Just Empty Every Pocket